Monday, June 29, 2009

How does my garden grow?

Here is a quick update on my gardening boxes. I was gone for 10 days to Utah, and what a blessing to come home to this. Yeah for modern irragation.

Chris asked about my planting mix, so with out having to go to the square foot gardening website here's a quick mix. You combine 1/3 compost, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 spagnum peat moss. It contains all the nutrients that the plants need. I didn't use my own soil. I purchased large pkgs of the stuff from a nursery in Upland. They were pretty reasonable compared to Home Depot who only had small pkgs. of the last two.
Some of the tomatoes are ready, and I can't wait for the rest to be harvested.

2 comments:

Christopher Maloy said...

DANG GIRL!!! Those plants are looking nice. I should take some pictures of my own and post them.

Scott H. said...

Beautiful Momma! It's been fun watching it grow...