Saturday, August 29, 2009

Visit to Texas - Part I (Todd's Farewell)

I am a bit slower than Heidi to get my pictures up! I have decided to split my Texas blog into three parts. So here is part one: Todd's farewell




Here is the missionary himself! The flag of Chile is very similar to the flag of Texas - the colors of decorations reflected the flag (red, white and blue).









Steve and Darla getting the tables ready . . . .









Darla getting the food ready . . . . .













I think this is last of this kind of hugging for 2 years. Here is Todd with his "other sister" Angela.













. . . friends from Lufkin 1st Ward









Steve and Darla with their guests having a good time . . .







Here is Ryah with one of her best friends . . .







here is (future missionary) Gabe mugging for the camera . . .
























Todd with some of his friends (members and non-members)














here is proof I was there! This was taken after church on Sunday - Gabe was very quick to get out of his Sunday clothes - so we 'hid' him in the back!


Had a great time and Todd gave a very nice talk in church and will be a great missionary!

See Heidi's blog for pics in Utah. Look forward to part II - (progress on the 114 year old house they are renovating).

1 comment:

Heidi Maloy said...

Looks like fun... I know Steve was very happy you got to go to Texas... and spend some time with them.