Monday, July 27, 2009

Biking with Ken #2

Here is the second post by Mark (one of these days it will say "Posted by Mark H at the bottom!) -

Sometimes I think the world views Southern California as one big stretch of cities broken up by freeways. This morning I went riding with Ken #2 (there is only one Ken #1) through a place called Thompson Creek Trail and then into San Dimas Canyon. I thought this would be a good addition to my current school assignment. Ken #2 was patient while I stopped periodically to take pictures:

These flowers were growing near the 210 freeway - I had to put my camera lense through a chain link fence to capture them!
This is looking north along San Dimas Canyon Road.

There is a little stream along the Road. Unfortunately, there is trash - I avoided including this in my picture.


Here I am with Ken #2. This is taken along the Thompson Creek Trail.

It is great to get outside and see nature, exercise the body and spirit!

Here is a link to the location of Thompson Creek Trail. I recommend that you start at the parking lot at the top of Mills Avenue. The trail begins across the street to the west. To get to San Dimas Canyon Road: when the trail crosses Baseline, turn right, and then right again on San Dimas Canyon Road. There are other ways to get there, but this is the easiest to remember!

1 comment:

Nicole Shelby said...

I love that you are into biking, Dad! Rockin' it. Beautiful pictures. Too bad you couldn't attempt the big hill to my home - always a few bikers sweating it out.