Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pansies!!!

Hi Everyone! This is Mark and although Connie and I set up this blog (thanks Nicole!!) to be for the both of us I have never contributed to it. I am in a class this summer at Cal Poly that is teaching me to use technology to help me as a teacher. For one of my assignments I am required to set up a blog (or add to this one!). This is my first posting. I decided to add a few photos that I took recently in our garden and comment on them. Many of you may recall the watercolor paintings that I have done of Pansies - it is my favorite flower. I love the variety of color, contrast, and texture. They are such a 'happy' flower. Enjoy these photos, the poor things have not done well recently with the heat! I realize as I read this that it is rather lame, but hey! everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows - I might get better at it! Each posting (for my class) must have an information/educational element, picture(s), and a link. So if you notice these elements - then I am doing ok (lol)
Pansies are easy to grow from seed. they can be purchased in small pots at the nursery.
As you can see - they come in a wide variety of colors!
Besides the actual flowers, I like the shape and color of the leaves and the buds.
Some of the flowers do not have the dark contrasting centers, I think it gives them a totally different look and makes them seem more delicate.


These seem very regal - dressed in their finest 'velvet'!

2 comments:

T.J. Shelby said...

Great photos! Good luck in your class, but from the look of these pics...you won't need any luck.

Nicole Shelby said...

Gorgeous pics...and very informative. Enjoy your class!